Financial crime is a key threat for industry and regulatory authorities alike. Having knowledgeable, fully trained staff who understand the risks and how they can be managed is essential. The ICA Diplomas in Financial Crime Prevention increase awareness amongst individuals and help prevent fraud, protecting firms.
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester. In the UK, it is also endorsed by the British Bankers’ Association.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Fraud Prevention and Investigation Officers, Managers and Deputies
- MLROs and Deputies
- Managers with responsibility for internal organisational fraud, financial crime and AML controls
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit and Regulatory Staff
- Law enforcement
- Individuals who have completed the ICA AML Diploma (UK or international) or the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
What will you learn?
- An Introduction to Financial Crime
- Practical Application of the International Standards*
- The Prevention and Detection of Specific Financial Crime Risks
- Investigation, Prosecution and Recovery
*For the UK course, this module is 'Financial Crime - The UK Framework'.
Request a copy of the full syllabus here
- Sound educational background, e.g. degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Attainment of the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
- Three years relevant work experience
How will you be assessed?
- 2 x 2,500 - 3,500 word assignments
- 3 hour 15 minute open book examination
How and where can you study?
You can study at home through online learning and attend four highly interactive workshops where offered.
View details of upcoming workshop dates here.
If you are based in a country where workshops are not available, you will study by online learning with enhanced online and tutor support. View details of upcoming online learning assignment submission & exam dates here.
All course material is now delivered online making it more accessible and environmentally sound.
Can these courses be taught in-house?
An in-house option is available for firms putting a minimum of 10 people onto the course. Benefits include a reduction in price and the ability to include bespoke material in the course delivery.
What does it cost?
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA, joining our international professional community of thousands of like-minded individuals. The fee for ICA Affiliate Membership is £97 payable to ICA* and includes your assessment and access to invaluable knowledge resources that will help with your course as well as many other member benefits and services (view the list of membership services and benefits that you’ll receive here).
Become an Affiliate Member
The course fee is £3350 (+ VAT or local taxes if applicable) payable to our training partner. Students from certain low GDP countries receive a 15% discount on this fee. View list of applicable countries here.
Examination Only: £2345 (+ VAT or other local taxes if applicable). The examination only route is available for very experienced practitioners only and is subject to approval by ICA. You will be exempted from attending workshops and submitting assignments and will be assessed purely on your exam performance.
Enrol online here
*unless you are a member of the ICA already.
Access to Chartered Banker
Holders of this Diploma can apply for Chartered Banker through their professional conversion programme.
Call +44 (0) 121 362 7534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.