Enrolment dates & fees
Applicable local taxes and discounts will be added to your basket on checkout.
Our flagship qualification and the industry standard for MLROs and professionals managing money laundering risk.
- Discover how to develop and implement best practice
- Get the confidence and skills to excel in your current or
- Take your career to the next level by gaining an
internationally recognised qualification awarded in
association with Alliance Manchester Business School,
the University of Manchester
Become an ICA member
When you enrol onto this course you will join an international
community of over 20,000 members. Benefits include:
- Access to the uniquely personalised ICA Learning Hub
- Weekly webinars covering the latest industry
- Discounts on ICA events and further ICA courses
The fee for ICA membership will be added separately to your basket when you enrol online for this course.
- The international AML and CFT framework
- Identifying laundering of the proceeds of tax evasion
- Recognising terrorism financing and proliferation financing
- Complying with sanctions regimes
- Implementing an AML/CFT risk-based approach
- Management issues for an AML/CFT policy
- Culture and training
- Vulnerabilities of products and services
- Customer due diligence (CDD)
- Transaction and activity monitoring
- Recognition, handling and reporting
- Dealing with the authorities
A flexible, part-time, nine-month course designed for busy, working professionals. A mix of guided, online study and attendance at live, virtual classrooms delivered through award-winning interactive technology.
The course is assessed through:
- 3 x timed end-of-module assessments – comprising multiple choice questions that test knowledge, understanding and analytical skills
- 1 x written assignment with industry sector focus
- 1 x written, case-study based assignment connecting up the elements of your learning
Is this course right for me?
- MLROs/MLPOs and their deputies
- Police and FIU/FCU staff
- Managers with responsibilities for internal AML controls
- Risk managers, accountants and lawyers
You will need a good standard of spoken and written English and
ONE of the following:
- Sound educational background, e.g. degree/professional
qualification in an appropriate discipline or
- Attainment of an ICA International Advanced Certificate
- Three years' relevant work experience
Great material, well-structured and easy to read.
The class was lively and engaging. The study material was very comprehensive.
How often does this course run?
There are three intakes per year for this course: March, July and September.
What payment options are there?
If you are self-funding, can pay for the course in full by credit or debit card or pay in eight interest-free instalments. If your employer is paying for the course you can select the invoice option when enrolling online.
Discounts for low GDP countries?
If you reside in one of the countries on this list you will receive a 15% discount on this course. The discount will automatically be added at checkout when you enrol.
Does the course fee include local tax?
Local tax if applicable will be added to your basket on check out.
Why do I need to be a member of ICA to do this course?
As a professional, awarding body ICA requires you to be an Associate member while you’re studying for your course (unless you are already a member). You will benefit from being part of a global, like-minded community and will receive access to additional resources, insight and learning to support your studies. Once you’ve completed your course, renewing your membership showcases your commitment to ongoing learning and continues to provide you with a range of benefits including digital badges to share on social media and discounts for ICA’s global events.
How will this course make me stand out from the crowd?
ICA qualifications are internationally recognised as evidence of high levels of competence in regulatory and financial crime compliance. Many employers all over the world specify an ICA Diploma as a pre-requisite for roles. The course is unique and designed to not only enhance your knowledge and skills but also develop your behaviours. You will gain technical, specialist knowledge but also vital critical thinking and interpersonal skills to help advance your career.
How much self-study time do I need to set aside?
We recommend that you allow for 2-4 hours study per week but plan to increase this around your times of assessment.