This award has been specifically designed for senior industry practitioners, providing them with enhanced skills, knowledge and expertise to enable them to operate at the highest levels within their organisations.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Heads of compliance, AML and financial crime prevention
- Money laundering reporting and prevention officers
- Compliance, AML and financial crime managers and senior staff
- Senior risk staff
- Senior internal and external audit staff
- Company secretaries
- Legal practitioners
- Regulatory representatives
- Anyone working in the above areas who aspires to be in a leadership role within an organisation
What will you learn?
- AML Leadership – Building, Leading and Managing an AML Team (Part 1)
- AML Leadership – Building, Leading and Managing an AML Team (Part 2)
- Ethics, Corporate Governance and Corporate Responsibilities
- Drafting the AML Compliance Policy, Procedures and Systems of the Organisation
- Compliance and Senior Management
- MIS and Compliance
- Applicants have to be a current individual member of AICB
- You should also be a senior practitioner e.g. Heading AML/compliance, audit, risk/operations with at least 3 years of experience in that position
All applications will be pre-screened to assess suitability for the programme.
How will you be assessed?
The qualification covers the following six high-level competencies targeted specifically for senior industry practitioners, to be completed over 9 months:
- Research your organisation and its requirements to help form an anti money laundering and countering terrorism financing policy
- Develop and communicate an anti money laundering and counter terrorist financing policy for your organisation
- Develop and monitor anti money laundering and counter terrorist financing controls in your organisation
- Support your staff in your organisation to comply with anti money laundering and counter terrorist financing requirements
- Maintain an effective relationship with relevant external bodies and respond to requests on consultation
- Identify and deal with non-compliant activity in your organisation
The assessment is based on a 3 hour interview, mapping the candidate's skills against the competencies for the programme. Award is given upon being graded as 'competent' in all 6 competencies.
Designation upon completion, you will be awarded dual qualification
- Certified Professional (CP) status (AICB and ICA)
- Professional Postgraduate Diploma in AML awarded by ICA in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, The University Of Manchester
- Entitlement to apply for Fellowship of the ICA (FICA)
Membership of ICA
In order to study any ICA course you will need to become a member of ICA.
Become an ICA Member ►
How do I find out about training options for my firm?
Our dedicated training partner International Compliance Training, offer an in-house option for ICA qualifications. For further information, please visit International Compliance Training's website.
What are the fees, dates and locations for this qualification?
Our dedicated training partner International Compliance Training, offer ICA qualifications in several regions and online courses available wherever you are in the world. To find out more about course fees, locations and dates for this qualification, visit International Compliance Training's website.
Fees, dates and locations for this qualification ►
How do I enrol?
In certain jurisdictions and for some qualifications, you will need to enrol directly with our local training partner and these are detailed here.
You can enrol straight away using the link below, or if you need to talk to our training partner about further details, you can do so via the form below.
Enrol now ►