The Advanced Certification is designed for those delegates who wish to deepen their understanding of the complexities surrounding AML and CFT today. It is a comprehensive, graduate level programme, covering a wide range of in-depth, topical subjects in AML and CFT. This qualification will provide you with the necessary theoretical and practical skills to enhance your career and develop within your profession.
Who is the course suitable for?
- MLROs/MLPOs and their deputies
- Police and FIU/FCU staff
- Managers with responsibilities for internal AML controls
- Risk managers
- Individuals who have completed the ICA Certificate in AML or ICA Advanced Certificate in AML (UK or International)
- Company secretaries
What will you learn?
- International Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing Strategies
- The Malaysian AML/CFT Regulatory Framework
- Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing – Definitions and Nature
- The Risk-based Approach to AML/CFT
- The Duties and Responsibilities of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) – Compliance Officer (AML/CFT)
- Recognition, Handling and Reporting Transactions
- Post-reporting Considerations
- Designing a Comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering Framework for a Financial Services Business
- Dealing with the Authorities
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Risk Profiling
- Financial Intelligence, Investigation and Enforcement
- Engendering an Effective Compliance Culture and Maintaining a High Level of Awareness
- Anti-Money Laundering Typologies across Industry Sectors
- AML/CFT Capital Markets
Applicants for the programme must:
- Be a current individual member of AICB; and
- Hold one of the following qualifications:
- Degree or professional qualification with at least three years of AML related work experience
- Certification in Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (ICA/AICB) with at least one year of AML related experience
How will you be assessed?
- Two x 2,500-3,500 word assignments
- One x 3 hour 15 minute open book examination
Designation upon completion, you will be awarded dual certification
- Advanced Certification in Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism awarded by ICA and AICB
- International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering awarded by ICA in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, The University Of Manchester
Membership of ICA
In order to study any ICA course you will need to become a member of ICA.
Become an ICA Member ►
How do I find out about training options for my firm?
Our dedicated training partner International Compliance Training, offer an in-house option for ICA qualifications. For further information, please visit International Compliance Training's website.
What are the fees, dates and locations for this qualification?
Our dedicated training partner International Compliance Training, offer ICA qualifications in several regions and online courses available wherever you are in the world. To find out more about course fees, locations and dates for this qualification, visit International Compliance Training's website.
Fees, dates and locations for this qualification ►
How do I enrol?
In certain jurisdictions and for some qualifications, you will need to enrol directly with our local training partner and these are detailed here.
You can enrol straight away using the link below, or if you need to talk to our training partner about further details, you can do so via the form below.
Enrol now ►