The challenges compliance professionals face mean it is vital to have the right knowledge and skills. The ICA Diplomas in Compliance will teach you all you need to know to approach your role with confidence.
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester. In the UK, it is also endorsed by the British Bankers’ Association.
Who are the courses suitable for?
- Compliance Officers/Managers and their Deputies
- Managers with responsibility for internal compliance controls
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit Staff
- Regulatory Representatives
- Individuals who completed the ICA Advanced Certificate in Compliance (UK or international)
- Company Secretaries
What will you learn?
- Understanding governance, risk and compliance
- Ethics, Integrity and organisational culture: taking GRC to the next level
- Understanding the complete regulatory environment
- How to use corporate governance to enhance your firm’s performance
- Managing regulatory risk for the benefit of your firm
- What is the role of the compliance Function?
- How to design and build world class GRC systems and controls
- Protecting your firm from the risk of financial crime
The conduct of firms and the behaviour of senior management is a key topic in both courses and is interwoven throughout the course units. The conduct agenda forms a key part of the workshop exercises in the UK.
Request a copy of the full syllabus here
- Sound educational background, e.g. degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Attainment of the ICA Advanced Certificate in Compliance (International or UK)
- Three years relevant work experience
How and where can you study?
You can study at home through online learning and attend four highly interactive workshops where offered.
View details of upcoming workshop dates here.
If you are based in a country where workshops are not available, you will study by online learning with enhanced online and tutor support. View details of upcoming online learning assignment submission & exam dates here.
All course material is now delivered online making it more accessible and environmentally sound.
Can these courses be taught in-house?
An in-house option is available for firms putting a minimum of 10 people onto the course. Benefits include a reduction in price and the ability to include bespoke material in the course delivery.
How will you be assessed?
- 2 x 2,500 - 3,500 word assignments
- 3 hour 15 minute open book examination
What does it cost?
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA, joining our international professional community of thousands of like-minded individuals. The fee for ICA Affiliate Membership is £97 payable to ICA* and includes your assessment and access to invaluable knowledge resources that will help with your course as well as many other member benefits and services (view the list of membership services and benefits that you’ll receive here).
Become an Affiliate Member
The course fee is £3350 (+ VAT or local taxes if applicable) payable to our training partner. Students from certain low GDP countries receive a 15% discount on this fee. View list of applicable countries here.
Examination Only: £2345 (+ VAT or other local taxes if applicable). The examination only route is available for very experienced practitioners only and is subject to approval by ICA. You will be exempted from attending workshops and submitting assignments and will be assessed purely on your exam performance.
Enrol online here
*unless you are a member of the ICA already.
Access to Chartered Banker
Holders of this Diploma can apply for Chartered Banker through their professional conversion programme.
Call +44 (0) 121 362 7534 or email email@example.com.