The ICA/AFMA Anti Money Laundering / Counter Terrorism Financing Graduate Program is a workplace focused qualification, developed jointly by ICA and the Australian Financial Markets Association (AFMA). It provides a comprehensive outline of AML/CTF practices in Australia and also focuses on international best practice to examine key legislation, regulations, strategies, frameworks and vulnerabilities. The qualification provides a comprehensive survey or AML/CFT practice in Australia today.
The graduate program is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester, and is internationally recognised by regulators and employers alike.
Who is this course suitable for?
The program is designed to give financial crime professionals a deep understanding of ML/TF risks and to equip them with tools to strengthen their organisations against abuse by criminals. It is designed for mid-career professionals with existing financial crime knowledge and experience.
- AML professionals
- Managers with responsibility for internal AML/CTF compliance and controls
- Compliance managers
- Risk managers
- Law enforcement
- Regulatory staff
- Accountants, lawyers and company secretaries
What will you learn?
The program is designed to enable a compliance or AML professional to be able to perform the following skills:
- Design anti-money and counter terrorism financing program
- Design and assess controls to monitor money-laundering and terrorism financing risk
- Design and monitor a reporting system for suspicious transactions
- Design customer due diligence policies and procedures
- Manage assessment of organisational vulnerability to money laundering and terrorism financing
- Implement an anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing program
- Lead compliance with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- Develop and build effective relationships with regulators and industry bodies
For more detail, please see our program brochure.
Entry to this program is limited to individuals who are able to apply advanced knowledge and skills in financial crimes compliance and management. Applicants must meet one of the three options for demonstrating previous relevant workplace experience and related study:
- 5 years of relevant workplace experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience and a diploma qualification (or equivalent)
- 2 years of relevant workplace experience and a bachelor degree
Interested students are required to submit an Application for Admission Form, with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and academic transcripts (if required). If your eligibility is approved, you will be invited to enrol.
How and when will you be assessed?
- Three x 3,500 word assignments
- Six x case studies for your skills assessment
- Mandatory weekly online discussion forums (approximately 10 weeks per module)
What will you achieve?
When you successfully complete the Program, you will achieve one or more of the following:
- The FNS80115 Graduate Diploma of Applied Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing, a nationally recognised professional qualification in Australia
- The ICA International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering, awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester, entitling you to use the post nominal Int Dip (AML)
- Eligibility for professional membership of the ICA, entitling you to use the designation MICA (Member of the ICA) and, after 5 years, FICA (Fellow of the ICA)
- AFMA Accredited Individual status – if your employer is an AFMA member
- Up to 90 CE hours (Regulation & Compliance)
Candidates successfully completing a single module will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Membership of ICA
In order to study any ICA course you will need to become a member of ICA
Become an ICA Member ►
Once you have successfully completed your Diploma course, you will be eligible to upgrade to a Professional Member (MICA) of ICA and receive even more invaluable member benefits.
How do I find out about training options for my firm?
Our dedicated training partner International Compliance Training, offer an in-house option for ICA qualifications. For further information, please visit International Compliance Training's website.
What are the fees, dates and locations for this qualification?
Our dedicated training partner International Compliance Training, offer ICA qualifications in several regions and online courses available wherever you are in the world. To find out more about course fees, locations and dates for this qualification, visit International Compliance Training's website.
Fees, dates and locations for this qualification ►
How do I enrol?
In certain jurisdictions and for some qualifications, you will need to enrol directly with our local training partner and these are detailed here.
You can enrol straight away using the link below, or if you need to talk to our training partner about further details, you can do so via the form below.
Enrol now ►