The changing regulatory environment has resulted in a growing need for compliance professionals. The ICA Advanced Certificates in Compliance is suitable for those new to compliance or in a junior role and will help you develop a good understanding of compliance fundamentals.
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester. In the UK, it is also endorsed by the British Bankers’ Association.
Who are the courses suitable for?
- Compliance employees
- Employees who have recently been given or aspire to be given compliance responsibilities
- Those employees with management responsibility for compliance employees
- Any person who wishes to acquire an understanding of fundamental regulatory compliance principles and how businesses can comply with them
What will you learn?
- The Regulatory Framework in the UK
- UK Regulation in Practice
- The Role of the Compliance Officer
- Understanding the Regulators' Key Principles
- Understanding Financial Crime and Money Laundering
- Understanding the Regulatory Environment
- International Regulation
- Compliance in Practice
- Managing the Risk of Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Proliferation Financing
- Financial Crime Prevention
The conduct of firms and the behaviour of senior management is a key topic in both courses and is interwoven throughout the course units. The conduct agenda forms a key part of the workshop exercises in the UK.
Request a copy of the full syllabus here
This course is open to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in compliance. However, the content of the programme requires students to possess:
- Sound educational background
- Good written English skills
How and where can you study?
You can study at home through online learning and attend two highly interactive workshops where offered.
View details of upcoming workshop dates here.
If you are based in a country where workshops are not available, you will study by online learning with enhanced online and tutor support. View details of upcoming online learning assignment submission & exam dates here.
All course material is now delivered online making it more accessible and environmentally sound.
How will you be assessed?
- One 1 hour and 45 minute open book examination (including 15 minutes reading time)
- One 2,000-2,500 word assignment
Can these courses be taught in-house?
An in-house option is available for firms putting a minimum of 10 people onto the course. Benefits include a reduction in price and the ability to include bespoke material in the course delivery.
What does it cost?
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA, joining our international professional community of thousands of like-minded individuals. The fee for ICA Affiliate Membership is £97 payable to ICA* and includes your assessment and access to invaluable knowledge resources that will help with your course as well as many other member benefits and services (view the list of membership services and benefits that you’ll receive here).
Become an Affiliate Member
The course fee is £1675 (+ VAT or local taxes if applicable) payable to our training partner. Students from certain low GDP countries receive a 15% discount on this fee. View list of applicable countries here.
Enrol online now
*unless you are a member of the ICA already.
Call +44 (0) 121 362 7534 or email email@example.com.