Cost to ICA Members - £295 +VAT (Non-Members - £395 +VAT)
Please log in as a member to retrieve your member fee.
To take advantage of our member rates click here for further information
Manchester, 30 September 2019
Time: 09:30am - 12:30am (Registration from 9:00am)
Venue: etc Venues Manchester, 11 Portland Street, Manchester M1 3HU
Speaker: Mark Johnson
Title: Bank Hacks and Ransomware Attacks
Mark Johnson, CITP, demystifies some of the main cybercrime threats affecting financial services today, without jargon and in a style that even the most non-technical people find accessible and engaging.
- Understand why and how hackers target sensitive databases within financial services firms
- Learn about the common flaws in control that result in devastating ransomware attacks
- Understand how denial of service attacks bring down services and the impact of such cybercrimes on firms
- Gain a greatly enhanced awareness of what good governance and cyber security look like
- Develop the ability to ask the right questions of technical and information security teams
Practical demonstrations and exercises:
- Finding email addresses and passwords online, and cracking ‘hashed’ passwords
- Cracking an iPhone using only your voice
- Finding online tools and data that help hackers break into your corporate systems
- Exploring the Darknet where stolen data is regularly monetised
- Group discussions regarding board-level awareness, governance frameworks and risk assessments in the digital era.
Refreshments will be provided.