ICA Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention
Financial Crime is a key threat for industry and regulatory authorities alike. Having knowledgeable, fully trained staff who understand the risks and how they can be managed is essential. The ICA Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention increases awareness amongst individuals and helps prevent fraud, protecting firms. This course is endorsed by the British Bankers' Association.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course has helped me to fully understand the legislation surrounding my job, it has helped me to understand policies and practices in relation to financial crime as a wider issue across the business.
Tamara Brooks, UK
- Fraud Prevention and Investigation Officers, Managers and Deputies
- MLROs and Deputies
- Managers with responsibility for internal organisational fraud, financial crime and AML controls
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit and Regulatory Staff
- Law enforcement
- Individuals who have completed the ICA AML Diploma or the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Awareness
What will you learn?
- An Introduction to Financial Crime
- Financial Crime - The UK Framework
- The Prevention and Detection of Specific Financial Crime Risks
- Investigation, Prosecution and Recovery
- Sound educational background, e.g. degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Attainment of the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Awareness (International or UK)
- Three years relevant work experience
How will you be assessed?
- 2 x 3,000 word assignments
- 3 hour 15 minute open book examination
ICA qualifications are awarded in association with Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester
How and where can you study?
This 9 month course is offered by International Compliance Training (ICT) ,ICA’s approved training provider, and comprises self-study at home and attendance at four highly interactive workshops. Workshops are held in London for the September intake and other major cities such as Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh for the March intake (subject to numbers enrolled).
All course material is now delivered online making it more accessible and environmentally sound.
View details of the next course near you by clicking ‘view course dates’ in the box to the left.
Can this course be taught in-house?
An in-house option is available for firms putting a minimum of 7 people onto the course. Benefits include a reduction in price and the ability to include bespoke material in the course delivery. Contact ICT for more information.
What does it cost?
£3100 (+ VAT)
Examination Only: £2150 (+ VAT - this fee includes the ICA assessment fee) The examination only route is available for very experienced practitioners only and is subject to approval by ICA. You will be exempted from attending workshops and submitting assignments and will be assessed purely on your exam performance.
Attend a free briefing session
29 January 2014 - London
30 January 2014 - Edinburgh
5 February 2014 - Live webinar
Register for the briefing session here
Watch a short video about this course below