ICA Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention
ICA International Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention
Financial crime is a key threat for industry and regulatory authorities alike. Having knowledgeable, fully trained staff who understand the risks and how they can be managed is essential. The ICA Diplomas in Financial Crime Prevention increase awareness amongst individuals and help prevent fraud, protecting firms. These courses are endorsed by the British Bankers' Association in the UK.
Who is the course suitable for?
Find out more about this course at a free briefing session:
Birmingham - 3 February 2015 (12pm-1.30pm)
Central London - 4 February 2015
Edinburgh - 10 February 2015 (12pm-1.30pm)
Jersey - 10 February 2015
Guernsey - 11 February 2015
Isle of Man - 17 February 2015
Live Webinar - 18 February 2015
- Fraud Prevention and Investigation Officers, Managers and Deputies
- MLROs and Deputies
- Managers with responsibility for internal organisational fraud, financial crime and AML controls
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit and Regulatory Staff
- Law enforcement
- Individuals who have completed the ICA AML Diploma (UK or international) or the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
What will you learn?
- An Introduction to Financial Crime
- Practical Application of the International Standards*
- The Prevention and Detection of Specific Financial Crime Risks
- Investigation, Prosecution and Recovery
*For the UK course, this module is 'Financial Crime - The UK Framework'.
Request a copy of the full syllabus for either course here
- Sound educational background, e.g. degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Attainment of the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
- Three years relevant work experience
How will you be assessed?
- 2 x 3,500 word assignments
- 3 hour 15 minute open book examination
ICA qualifications are awarded in association with Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester
How and where can you study?
These 9 month courses are offered by International Compliance Training (ICT), ICA’s approved training provider, and comprise self-study at home and attendance at four highly interactive workshops where offered.
View details of upcoming workshop dates here.
If you are based in a country where workshops are not available, you will study by distance learning with enhanced online and tutor support. View details of upcoming distance learning assignment submission & exam dates here (scroll down to distance learning)
Visit ICT’s website for more information about studying by distance learning.
All course material is now delivered online making it more accessible and environmentally sound.
Can these courses be taught in-house?
All ICA qualifications can be taught in-house at your firm (minimum numbers apply). Benefits include a reduction in price and the ability to include bespoke material in the course delivery. Contact ICT for more information.
What does it cost?
£3255 (+ VAT or local taxes if applicable)
Examination Only: £2257.50 (+ VAT or local taxes if applicable). The examination only route is available for very experienced practitioners only and is subject to approval by ICA. You will be exempted from attending workshops and submitting assignments and will be assessed purely on your exam performance.
Enrol online here
"The course has helped me to fully understand the legislation surrounding my job, it has helped me to understand policies and practices in relation to financial crime as a wider issue across the business."
Tamara Brooks, UK
Watch a short video about this course below
Click here to watch the video